egregious \ih-GREE-juhs\, adjective:
- Conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible.
- A reply posted when someone puts a status on facebook, twitter, etc. Sarcastically shows that you care, and are going to write the status down in a notebook, when you really dont care at all about the status.
Facebook Status- John Smith is goin to the movies
- scalping: first recorded case of white men scalping Native Americans (1725)
- United States Post Office Department: was established when George Washington signed the Postal Service Act; it lasted until 1971, when it was replaced with the United States Postal Service (1792)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: opened in New York City, aiming to promote class harmony through art (1872)
- Canberra: colorful politician King O'Malley drove in the stake which marked the beginning of the development of Australia's capital city (1913)
- 1962 - John Glenn made space history when he orbited the world three times in 4 hours, 55 minutes. He was the first American to orbit the Earth. He was aboard the Friendship 7 Mercury capsule.
- 1965 - Ranger 8 crashed on the moon after sending back thousands of pictures of its surface.
- 1970 - John Lennon's "Instant Karma" was released in the U.S.
- 2003 - In West Warwick, RI, 99 people were killed when fire destroyed the nightclub The Station. The fire started with sparks from a pyrotechnic display being used by Great White. Ty Longley, guitarist for Great White, was one of the victims in the fire.
- William Prescott 1726 - American Revolutionary soldier, know for the quote "Don't fire until you see the white's of their eyes."
- Joseph Jefferson 1829 - Actor ("Rip Van Winkle")
- Aleksei Kosygin 1904 - Soviet premier from 1964-1980
- Carl Stotz 1910 - Founded Little League baseball organization
- John Daly 1914 - Reporter, TV host ("What's My Line")
- Chick (Melvin) Harbert 1915 - Golfer
- Kenneth H. Olsen 1926
- Sidney Poitier 1927 - Actor ("Lillies of the Field", "To Sir With Love")
- Gloria Vanderbilt 1924 - Fashion designer
- Robert Altman 1925 - Director ("M*A*S*H")
- Bob Richards 1926 - Olympic pole-vaulter
- Amanda Blake (Beverly Louise Neill) 1929 - Actress ("Gunsmoke", "The Glass Slipper")
- Patricia Smith 1930 - Actress ("Save the Tiger")
- Bobby Unser 1934 - Race car driver
- Marj Dusay 1936
- Nancy Wilson 1937 - Singer
- Roger Penske 1937 - Race car driver
- Richard Beymer 1938 - Actor ("The Diary of Anne Frank", "West Side Story")
- Barbara Ellis 1939 - Musician (Fleetwoods)
- Buffy (Beverly) Sainte-Marie 1941 - Singer, songwriter
- Clyde Wright 1941 - Baseball player
- Sandy Duncan 1946 - Dancer, actress ("Peter Pan", "Roots")
- Brenda Blethyn 1946
- Jerome Geils 1946 - Musician (The J. Geils Band)
- Peter Strauss 1947 - Actor ("Peter Gunn", "The Yearling")
- Jennifer O'Neill 1948 - Actress ("Summer of '42")
- Pierre Bouchard 1948 - Hockey player
- Ivana Trump 1949
- Walter Becker 1950 - Musician (Steely Dan)
- Edward Albert 1951 - Actor ("Mind Games", "The Heist", "Guarding Tess")
- Andrew Shue 1967 - Actor ("Melrose Place")
- Kurt Cobain 1967 - Musician, singer (Nirvana)
- Brian Littrell 1975 - Singer (The Backstreet Boys)
- Jay Hernandez 1978 - Actor
- Majandra Delfino 1981 - Actress
- Chris Thile 1981 - Musician (Nickel Creek)
- Jack Richardson 1985
- Rihanna - 1989