billet-doux \bil-ay-DOO\, noun; plural billets-doux \bil-ay-DOO(Z)\:
- A love letter or note.
In French, billet-doux means "sweet note;" or "short note" (billet, "note" + doux, "sweet," from Latin dulcis).
- acronym for made for each other
- nature's way of tricking people into reproducing
valentine shame kleenex
- 2ply partner-in-a-box usually found on the floor in a ball on February 15th.
I can tell Con didnt have a date, she must have watched love actually by herself last night, look at all the valentine shame kleenexs all over her room.
- The 14th of February. It falls on the same day as [Valentine's Day] except this one is only celebrated by 5 year olds.
My daughter rocks, she got Valentimes from all the boys at school on Valentime's Day.
- St. Valentine's Day massacre: seven gangsters were killed as Al Capone's gang ambushed Bugs Moran's (1929)
- ENIAC: "Giant Brain" Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer was unveiled at theUniversity of Pennsylvania (1946)
- fatwa: edict was issued by Iranian leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini urging Muslims to kill Satanic Versesauthor Salman Rushdie (1989)
- NEAR Shoemaker: space probe went into orbit around 433 Eros, becoming the first craft to orbit an asteroid (2000)
- Dolly the sheep: the first cloned mammal was put to sleep at age 6.5, suffering from lung cancer (2003)
- Christopher Sholes 1819
- George Ferris 1859
- Jack Benny (Benjamin Kubelsky) 1894 - Comedian
- James Pike 1913
- Jimmy Hoffa 1913
- Mel Allen (Israel) 1913
- Hugh Downs 1921
- Skeezix Wallet 1921
- Cesare Siepi 1923
- Donna Atwood 1923
- Elliot Lawrence 1925
- Frank Borman 1928
- Phyllis McGuire 1931 - Singer (The McGuire Sisters)
- Florence Henderson 1934 - Actress ("The Brady Bunch")
- Razzy Bailey 1939
- Lillie Bryant 1940 - Singer (Billy & Lillie)
- Ricardo Rodriguez 1942
- Michael Bloomberg 1942 - New York City Mayor
- Pat O'Brien 1948 - Television personality
- Jim Kelly 1960 - Football player
- Dwayne Wiggins 1961
- Rob Thomas 1972 - Musician (Matchbox 20)