mulct \MULKT\, noun:
- A fine or penalty.
- To punish for an offense or misdemeanor by imposing a fine or demanding a forfeiture.
- To obtain by fraud or deception.
- To defraud; to swindle.
dead cat bounce
- Investor slang; a brief recovery in the price of a falling stock. Term is derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height."
- Grand Canyon: the enormous gorge was established as a national park (1919); Grand Teton National Park was established on the same date in 1926
- Levi Strauss 1829
- Jackie Gleason 1916
- Mason Adams 1919
- Tony Randall 1920
- Betty Hutton 1921
- Margaret Leighton 1922
- Fats Domino 1928 - Musician
- Mitch Ryder 1945 - Singer
- Bob "The Bear" Hite 1945 - Musician (Canned Heat)
- Sandie Shaw (Sandra Goodrich) 1947 - Singer
- Priscilla Lopez 1948
- Jonathan Cain 1950 - Musician (Babys, Journey)
- Suzi Simpson 1968 - playmate from Athens, Greece (Jan, 1992)