coquetry \KOH-ki-tree; koh-KE-tree\, noun:
- Dalliance; flirtation.
Coquetry, French coquetterie, is from coquette, the feminine form of French coquet, "flirtatious man," diminutive of coq, "rooster, cock." The adjective form is coquettish. The verb coquet (also coquette) means "to flirt or trifle with."
- (v.) The act of sharing a piece of food from oposite ends similar to the spaghetti scene in the famous Disney movie, "Lady and the Tramp."
- (v.) Eating opposite ends of a food until both partners meet in the middle.
Sorry guys, I only have one Snickers bar left for the two of you, but you can lady and the tramp it if you want.
- gerrymandering: Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry signed a redistricting law that favored his party, the Democratic-Republicans (1812)
- Bernadette Soubirous: as a teenager, St. Bernadette saw her first vision of the Virgin Mary at Lourdes (1858)
- Lateran Treaty: pact between Italy and the Vatican was signed, in which Roman Catholicism was declared the state religion of Italy and Italy recognized Vatican City as independent and sovereign (1929)
- Yalta Agreement: plan signed by FDR, Winston Churchill and Josef Stalin, dealing with attacks on Germany and the establishment of the UN (1945)
- Natan Sharansky: Soviet dissident was released after 10 years in prison (1986)
- Nelson Mandela: political prisoner was freed after 27 years in detention; he went on to dismantle apartheid and become South Africa's first black president (1990)
- Lydia Child 1802
- Thomas Alva Edison 1847 - Inventor and businessman. His inventions included the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and a long-lasting, practical electric light bulb
- John Mills (The Mills Brothers) 1889
- Joseph Mankiewicz 1909
- Matt Dennis 1914
- Sidney Sheldon 1917
- Eva Gabor 1921 - Actress
- Lloyd Bentsen 1921
- Kim Stanley 1925
- Conrad Janis 1928 - Actor ("Mork and Mindy")
- Larry Merchant 1931
- Mary Quant 1934
- Tina Louise 1934 - Actress ("Gilligan's Island")
- Gerry Goffin 1935 - Songwriter
- Sergio Mendes 1935 - Band leader
- Burt Reynolds 1936 - Actor ("Smokey and the Bandit")
- Phillip Anglim 1953
- Catherin Hickland 1956
- Carey Lowell 1961 - Actress ("Law and Order")
- Sheryl Crow 1962 - Singer, musician
- D'Angelo 1974
- Brice Beckham 1976
- Michael Kenji "Mike" Shinoda 1977 - Musician (Linkin Park)
- Brandy (Norwood) 1979 - Singer
- Matthew Lawrence 1980 - Actor