potable \POH-tuh-buhl\, adjective:
- Fit to drink; suitable for drinking; drinkable.
- A potable liquid; a beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage.
- Opposite of multitasker, a singletasker is one who only takes upon one task at a time, and follows it through to completion. Often used sardonically when someone is bragging about their supreme multitasking skills.
Bobby: "Today I'm only going to focus on finishing my TPS reports and not to answer the phone, email, text, IM, staple, and make breakfast simultaneously."
Jeffy: "You are such the singletasker!"
- Tri-State Tornado: the deadliest tornado in US history hit Missouri, Illinois and Indiana; nearly 700 were killed (1925)
- Gideon v. Wainwright: the US Supreme Court ruled that poor defendants in felony cases have the right to a court-appointed lawyer (1963)
- spacewalk: cosmonaut Aleksei Leonov made the first walk in space; he spent 20 minutes outside, tethered to the spacecraft (1965)
- art theft: the largest museum heist in history took place at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston, with the thieves dressed as police officers; it remains unsolved and a $5 million reward is still offered (1990)
- Grover Cleveland 1837
- Neville Chamberlin 1869
- Edward Everett Horton 1886
- William H. Johnson 1901
- Smiley (Lester) Burnette 1911
- Andy Granatelli 1923
- Peter Graves 1926 - Actor
- John Kander 1927 - Composer ("Chicago")
- George Plimpton 1927
- John Updike 1932 - Author
- Frederick W. de Klerk 1936 - Former South African president
- Mark Donohue 1937
- Shashi Kapoor 1938
- Charlie Pride 1938 - Country singer
- Margie Bowes 1941
- Wilson Pickett 1941 - Singer
- Barrie (B.J.) Wilson (Procol Harum) 1947
- Ingemar Stenmark 1956
- James McMurtry 1962
- Jeff LaBar 1963 - Musician (Cinderella)