slake \SLAYK\, transitive verb:
1. To satisfy; to quench; to extinguish; as, to slake thirst.intransitive verb:
2. To cause to lessen; to make less active or intense; to moderate; as, slaking his anger.
3. To cause (as lime) to heat and crumble by treatment with water.
1. To become slaked; to crumble or disintegrate, as lime..
- Florida: Juan Ponce de León discovered this state's flowery coast, naming it for Pascua florida ("flowery Easter"); he was searching for the Fountain of Youth; the event is commemorated as Pascua Florida Day (1513)
- Turin: the first Italian Parliament convened in the first capital of the new Kingdom of Italy (1860)