transmogrify \trans-MOG-ruh-fy\, transitive verb:
- To change into a different shape or to transform, often with bizarre or humorous effect.
Transmogrify is perhaps a humorous blend of transmigrate (for the form) and transmute (for the sense).
- Middle-management buzzword for the need to discuss an issue at a later time.
Since Andy dropped the ball on this one, we will have to circle back next week and go over the numbers.
- Mickey Mantle: MLB hall-of-famer made major league debut with the Yankees (1951)
- Bay of Pigs: unsuccessful invasion of Cuba was launched by US-supported exiles after JFK double crossed them and didn't send the back-up he promised. (1961)
Ford Mustang: made its debut in US showrooms; by the end of the year, it had already starred in Goldfinger(1964)
- Shea Stadium: Queens, New York, baseball park opened (1964); it served the Mets for 44 years before being demolished to make room for parking for the new Citi Field
- Apollo 13: splashed down safely, ending the near-disastrous flight (1970)
- Cambodia: fell to the Khmer Rouge with the capture of Phnom Penh, resulting in genocidal killing fields (1975)
- Henry Vaughan 1622
- Arthur Lake 1905 - Actor ("Blondie" series)
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike 1916 - Ceylon Prime Minister, the world's first woman prime minister
- William Holden (Beedle Jr.) 1918 - Actor ("Stalag 17 ", "The Bridge on the River Kwai", "The Towering Inferno")
- Harry Reasoner 1923 - Newsman ("Sixty Minutes")
- Lon McCallister 1923
- Solly (Solomon Joseph) Hemus 1923 - Baseball player
- Warren Chiasson 1934 - Jazz musician (Warren Chiasson Duo)
- Lamar Lundy 1935 - Football player
- Dennis Hextall 1943 - Hockey player
- Bobby Curtola 1944 - Singer
- Jan Hammer 1948 - Composer, musician
- Olivia Hussey 1951 - Actress ("Ice Cream Man", "Psycho 4: The Beginning")
- Pete Shelley (McNeish) 1955 - Musician (The Buzzcocks)
- Sean Bean 1958 - Actor ("Goldeneye", "The Lord of the Rings" series)
- Teri Austin 1959
- Liz Phair 1967 - Singer, songwriter
- Redman 1970 - Rapper, actor
- Jennifer Anne Garner 1972 - Actress ("Daredevil", "Electra", "Alias")
- Victoria Beckham (Victoria Caroline Adams) 1974 - Singer (Posh Spice of the Spice Girls)Rebekah Parmar-Teasdale 1979 DJ, t3h pron