quisling \KWIZ-ling\, noun:
- Someone who collaborates with an enemy occupying his or her country; a traitor.
A quisling is so called after Vidkun Quisling (1887-1945), Norwegian politician and officer who collaborated with the Nazis.
- A person who faxes from one floor to another instead of getting up and running the information because they're too lazy to get out of their chair.
Dilbert, over in Engineering, is such a fax potato. He sent me 15 faxes this week. What, he can't leave his office to run me a READABLE spec sheet?
- Alien Day - first contact according to the movie ALIEN was on a planet referred to as LV426. 426. 4/26. April 26.
- Marshall Henri Pétain: the leader of France's Vichy government was arrested (1945); he died in prison in 1951
- Tanzania: African republic was formed by the union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar (1964)
- Chernobyl disaster: worst-ever nuclear reactor accident occurred near the Ukrainian city of Chernobyl; the resulting radioactive cloud covered much of Europe (1986)
- John James Audubon 1785 - Ornithologist, naturalist, painter
- Jessie Redmon Fauset 1882 - Poet, essayist, novelist
- Anita Loos 1893 - Screenwriter, playwright, author
- Rudolf Hess 1895 - Adolf Hitler's Deputy in the Nazi Party
- Charles Richter 1900 - Seismologist, creator of the Richter magnitude scale used to quantify earthquakes
- Teddy Edwards 1924 - Jazz musician
- Jorgen Ingmann 1925 - Musician
- Bernard Malamud 1914 - Author of novels and short stories
- Bambi Linn 1926 - Dancer
- Duane Eddy 1938 - Musician
- Maurice Williams 1938 - Musician (Zodiacs)
- Claudine Clark 1941 - Musician
- Bobby Rydell 1942 - Singer
- Claudine Auger 1942 - Actress ("Thunderball")
- Gary Wright 1943 - Musician
- Giorgio Moroder 1944 - Record producer, songwriter, performer
- Boyd Matson 1947 - Television anchor (National Geographic Explorer, NBC's Weekend Today)
- Donna De Varona 1947 - Swimmer
- Giancarlo Esposito 1958 - Actor, director
- Roger Taylor 1960 - Musician (Duran Duran)
- Chris Mars 1961 - Artist, musician
- Marnette Patterson 1980 - Actress
- Jessica Lynch 1983