adumbrate \a-DUHM-breyt\, verb:
1. To foreshadow; prefigure.2. To produce a faint image or resemblance of; to outline or sketch.3. To darken or conceal partially; overshadow.
Adumbrate derives from Latin adumbrare, "to sketch" (literally, "to shade towards," hence "to foreshadow or prefigure"), from ad-, "towards" + umbrare, "to shade," from umbra, "shadow."
1. A person who stands within the confines of your personal space bubble (causing extreme discomfort) to hold an ordinary conversation, like someone sitting next to you on an airplane would.
What sexy male Hollywood heartthrob’s middle name is Tiffany?
- Richard Gere’s.
- "What hath God wrought?": inventor Samuel F.B. Morse transmitted the first telegraph message; it went from Washington, DC, to Baltimore and it quoted Numbers 23:23 (1844)
- Crosley Field: hosted MLB's first nighttime game played under lights; Cincinnati's Reds beat Philadelphia's Phillies, 2-1 (1935)
- Concorde: supersonic passenger aircraft began flying to Washington, DC (1976)
- James Jeffords: Republican senator became an Independent, giving control of the US Senate to the Democrats (2001)
- Gabriel Daniel Fahrenheit 1686 - Physicist, engineer, he determined the temperature scale named after him
- Emanuel Leutze 1816
- Queen Victoria (Britain) 1819
- Samuel I. Newhouse 1895
- Tommy Chong 1938 - Comedian (Cheech and Chong)
- Prince Buster 1938
- Lilli Palmer 1914
- Steve Upton 1946
- Judy Kahan 1948
- Jim Broadbent 1950 - Actor
- Alfred Molina 1953 - Actor
- Rosanne Cash 1955 - Singer
- Larry Blackmon (Cameo) 1956
- Kristin Scott Thomas 1960 - Actor ("Under the Cherry Moon")
- Joe Dumars 1963
- Gene Anthony Ray 1963
- Vivian Trimble 1963 - Singer (Luscious Jackson)
- Heavy D 1967
- Erin Close 1967 - Actor ("Without a Trace")
- Tommy Page 1967
- Rich Robinson 1969 - Musician (The Black Crowes)
- Brad Penny 1978 - Baseball player
- Billy L. Sullivan 1980