tipple \TIP-uhl\, verb:
1. To drink intoxicating liquor, esp. habitually or to some excess.noun:
2. To drink (intoxicating liquor), esp. repeatedly, in small quantities.
1. Intoxicating liquor.Tipple is a back formation from the Middle English tipeler, "to tap." Tipsy is also related.
2. A device that tilts or overturns a freight car to dump its contents.
- Complete disregard on the part of a friend, girlfriend or ex-girlfriend for any minor stupid thing you said or did while drunk (i.e. drunk texting, drunk calling, drunken Facebook status updates, drunken confession, ETC).
You: "I plead drunken immunity."