goad \GOHD\, verb:
1. To prick or drive with, or as if with, a goad; prod; incite.
1. A stick with a pointed or electrically charged end, for driving cattle, oxen, etc.; prod.2. Anything that pricks or wounds like such a stick.3. Something that encourages, urges, or drives; a stimulus.
Goad starts out in Old English as gad, "spearhead", and takes on a more figurative meaning as "to prod as if with a spear" in the 1600s.
- A male who shares the same birthday as you. You were born on the same day of the same year. Even though you are not true brothers, this is a significantly close bond
See also Birthday Sister
Brady: Happy Birthday James.
James: Happy Birthday to you too, Birthday Brother.
- Grover Cleveland: married Frances Folsom, becoming the first (and, so far, only) president to be married in the White House (1886)
- Native Americans: were granted US citizenship (1924)
- Lou Gehrig: Yankee slugger died of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, a rare degenerative disease that now carries his name (1941)
- Queen Elizabeth II: coronation of the long-reigning monarch was held in Westminster Abbey; she wore a gown embroidered with floral emblems of the countries of the Commonwealth (1953)
- Marquis de Sade 1740 - French aristocrat, revolutionary and writer
- Thomas Hardy 1840 - Novelist and poet of the naturalist movement
- Ben Grauer 1908 - Radio and television personality
- Merril Bainbridge 1968 - Singer, songwriter
- B-Real 1970 - Musician (Cypress Hill)
- Justin Long 1978 - Actor ("Dodge Ball," "Live Free or Die Hard")
- Dominic Cooper 1978 - Actor
Morena Baccarin 1979 - Actress (V, Firefly)
- Irish Grinstead 1980 - Musician (702)