acedia \uh-SEE-dee-uh\, noun:
- Laziness or indifference in religious matters.
Acedia is a simple derivation from the Greek akēdeia, "indifference."
ex with benefits
- After a breakup of a couple, remain close friends, but still practice some form of physical closeness. Can occur any time after breakup.
John: "Mary, what are you and Joe doing under that blanket? I thought you two were broken up?"
Mary: "We are; ex with benefits."
4. Olivia Wilde
5. Mila Kunis
5. Mila Kunis
- Great Fire of Rome: a conflagration that destroyed Rome began; Nero (who probably didn't really fiddle while Rome burned) blamed it on Christians and began the first Roman persecutions of them (65)
- secret ballot: new voting method was introduced in Britain (1872)
- Spanish Civil War: General Francisco Franco led an uprising in Spanish North Africa, beginning a war that lasted for three years; at the war's end, Franco became dictator of Spain until his death in 1975 (1936)
- FDR: the 32nd POTUS was nominated for an unprecedented third term in office (1940)Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy (a married man) killed Mary Jo Kopechne after leaving a party with her at 11:15 PM. After submerging his car, he escaped, leaving her in it at Chappaquiddick after a night of drinking. She was alive for at least two hours in the submerged car. He didn't report the accident and didn't surrender to the police until the car and her body were already discovered. He ended up getting away with vehicular homicide (1969)
- Gilbert White 1720
- William Makepeace Thackeray 1811
- Vidkum Quisling 1887
- Chill Willis 1903
- S.I. Hayakawa 1906
- Clifford Odetts 1906
- Lou Busch 1910
- Hume Cronyn 1911
- Harriet Nelson 1912
- Marvin Miller 1913
- Richard "Red" Skelton 1913
- Nelson Mandela 1918 - President of South Africa
- John Glenn 1921 - Astronaut
- Dick Button 1929
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins 1929
- 'Papa Dee' Allen (War) 1931
- Tenley Albright 1935
- Hunter S. Thompson 1937
- Brian Auger (Mahavishnu Players) 1939