vespertine \VES-per-tin\, adjective:
1. Of, pertaining to, or occurring in the evening.2. Botany. Opening or expanding in the evening, as certain flowers.3. Zoology. Becoming active in the evening, as bats and owls.
Vespertine derives from Latin vespertīnus, "evening."
- he unexplained feeling of bliss, joy and satisfaction one gets following a purchase. It can last anything from a few hours to a few weeks depending on the size, worth or usefulness of the item acquired. Buyer's remorse can sometimes follow or replace purchase pleasure. It is often a reason for shopping addiction.
#1: Laura-May: Hanging out and shopping with you yesterday made me really happy.
Grant: Me too, but then I'm always happy when I buy things. I'm still getting purchase pleasure today.
#2: I'm not sure I want to go anywhere today honey, I've had a miserable week at work.
Come on, I'll take you to the mall. You'll forget your problems with some purchase pleasure.
- An individual who is assigned the task of drinking for other people because they are driving, pregnant, or have to get up early the next morning.
Guy 1: Wanna play some beer pong?
Guy 2: I wish, but I have to be at work at 8AM tomorrow.
Guy 1: It's fine, I'll be the designated imbiber.
- great auks: the last pair of the extinct species, found incubating an egg, was killed (1844)
- Battle of Gettysburg: the bloodiest battle in America's Civil War ended with Union forces beating back Confederate troops (1863)
- Algeria: became independent after 132 years of French rule (1962)
- Jackie Robinson: became the first African American to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame (1962)
- Edward Young 1683
- George M. Cohan 1878
- Susan Peters 1921
- Ken Russell 1927
- Pete Fountain 1930 - Musician
- Tom Stoppard 1937 - Playwright
- Jay Tarses 1939 - Writer, producer
- Fontella Bass 1940
- Kurtwood Smith 1943 - Actor ("That 70's Show")
- Michael Cole 1945 - Actor ("The Mod Squad")
- Yeardley Smith 1964 - Actress ("The Simpsons")
- Kevin Hearn 1969 - Musician (Barenaked Ladies)