brannigan \BRAN-i-guhn\, noun:
1. A carouse.2. A squabble; a brawl.
A brannigan is a case of a word acquiring general meaning after already existing as a family name.
- The regret you experience when you leave the bar hastily at the end of the night without relieving yourself.
noun: Hold on a sec, I have to make a pit stop, I have a serious case of peegret.
verb: You better go before you leave, or you'll peegret it.
- margarine: Hippolyte Mège Mouriés got a patent for the butter substitute in France (1869)
- Reconstruction: Georgia became the last of the Confederate states to be readmitted to the Union after the American Civil War (1870)
- Rick Kehoe 1951
- Terry O'Quinn 1952 - Actor ("Lost")
- Jeff Carlisi 1952 - Musician (.38 Special)
- Kim Alexis 1960
- William Aames 1960
- Forest Whitaker 1961
- Lolita Davidovich 1961
- Brigitte Nielsen 1963 - Actress
- Phillip Fisher 1967 - Musician (Fishbone)
- Stan Kirsch 1968
- Beth Ostrosky Stern1972
- Scott Foley 1972
- Brian Austin Green 1973 (Mr Megan Fox)