subtilize \SUHT-l-ahyz\, verb:
1. To make (the mind, senses, etc.) keen or discerning.2. To elevate in character.3. To make thin, rare, or more fluid or volatile; refine.
Subtilize grew in popularity among practitioners of alchemy and early medical theory.
Obsessive Computer Disorder
- To constantly be online or just on a personal computer for fun or entertainment. Also always thinking about anything computer related.
My father who has Obsessive Computer Disorder, a.k.a OCD, is always on the computer.
- Henry VIII: married his sixth (and final) wife, Catherine Parr; she outlived him by a year (1543)
- Medal of Honor: the top US military decoration was authorized by Congress (1862)
- the Rolling Stones: performed their first concert, at London's Marquee Club (1962)
- Geraldine Ferraro: became the first woman nominated for US vice president on a major-party ticket; she was chosen by Democratic candidate Walter Mondale (1984)
- Gaius Julius Caesar 100 BC
- Henry David Thoreau 1817
- Sir William Osler 1849
- George Eastman 1854
- Oscar Hammerstein II 1895
- R. Buckminster Fuller 1895
- Milton Berle 1908 - Actor
- 'Curly' Joe DeRita 1909
- Andrew Wyeth 1917
- Richard Scarry 1919 - Children's author and illustrator
- Conte Candoli 1927
- Otis Davis 1932
- Walter Egan 1948 - Singer