piquant \PEE-kuhnt\, adjective:
1. Agreeably stimulating, interesting, or attractive.2. Agreeably pungent or sharp in taste or flavor.3. Of an interestingly provocative or lively character.
Piquant is an alteration of the French piquel, literally "pricking."
Run and tell that
- Meaning to go spread the word. To let it be known. To go tell everyone quickly.
After Antoine Dodson, a young hero from Huntsville, AL, saved his sister from an attack he left a public message for the perp letting him know that this wasn't the end of the story, and that he would be caught.
Antoine- "You don't have to come and confess. We looking for you. We gon' find you, so you can run and tell that! Homeboy!"
- 19th Amendment: was ratified when Tennessee became the 36th state to approve it; this gave US women the right to vote (1920)
- Lolita: controversial Vladimir Nabokov novel, about a middle-aged man who becomes obsessed with a 12-year-old girl, was published (1955)
- James Meredith: became the first African American to graduate from "Ole Miss" (1963)
- Antonio Salieri 1750
- Max Factor 1904
- Caspar Weinberger 1917
- Shelley Winters 1920
- Rosalynn Carter 1927
- Rafer Johnson 1935
- Robert Redford 1937
- Johnny Preston 1939
- Christopher Jones 1941
- Carl Wayne (The Move) 1944
- Nona Hendryx 1945
- Dennis Elliot (Foreigner) 1950
- Patrick Swayze 1952
- Ron Strykert (Men at Work) 1957
- Madeleine Stowe 1958
- Zac Maloy (The Nixons) 1968
- Everlast 1969
- Edward Norton 1969
- Christian Slater 1969
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner 1970
- Mike Boorem 1988