minim \MIN-uhm\, noun:
1. the least quantity of anything.2. the smallest unit of liquid measure, 1/60 of a fluid dram, roughly equivalent to one drop.3. Music. A note, formerly the shortest in use, but now equivalent in time value to one half of a semibreve; half note.4. Something very small or insignificant.
Minim originates in music, from the same Latin root as minimum.
- In public bathrooms, the act of remaining in a bathroom stall after having completed one's business, in order to maintain anonymity (whether by avoiding someone who has entered later, or finished sooner), or the state of being delayed under such circumstances. Also the act of delaying defecation until the bathroom is empty.
See also stall waiting
Sorry I'm late. I got stall stalled in the men's room on 34 by a couple of accounting assholes talking to each other at the urinals. The last thing I needed was to be asked how my day is going by some idiot with his dick in his hands.
I was in the corner stall trying to drop a deuce when Meyers from accounting walked in. I tried to stall stall but I couldn't hold it.
- freedom of the press: a legal precedent was established when newspaper editor John Peter Zenger was acquitted of seditious libel; he had published criticism of the colonial governor of New York (1735)
- US Coast Guard: was launched as the Revenue-Marine, later called the Revenue Cutter Service (1790)
- Anne Frank: teenage Jewish diarist was discovered, along with her family, by Nazis; their hiding place was revealed by a Dutch informant and they were sent to concentration camps, where most perished (1944)
- Burkina Faso: West African republic received its new name meaning "land of upright people"; it was formerly called Upper Volta (1984)
- Percy Bysshe Shelley 1792 - Poet
- Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon 1900 - Known as Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
- Louis Armstrong 1901 - Musician, singer
- Glenn Cunningham 1909 - Olympic runner
- William Howard Shumam 1910 - Composer
- Raoul Wallenberg 1912 - Swlitedish humanitarian during World War II
- Wesley Addy 1913 - Actor
- Helen Thomas 1920 - Journalist
- Herb Ellis 1921 - Musician
- Dallas Green 1934 - Singer, songwriter
- Joe Leonard 1934 - Motorcycle racer and racecar driver
- Elsbeary Hobbs 1936 - Musician (The Drifters)
- Kym Karath 1958 - Actress ("The Sound of Music")
- Ian Broudie 1958 - Musician (Lightning Seeds)
- Allison Adelle Hedge Coke - Poet, author (books)
- Robbin Crosby 1959 - Musician (RATT)
- Jeff Gordon 1971 - Race car driver
- Marques Houston 1981 - Musician (Immature)
- Dylan Sprouse 1992 - Actor
- Cole Sprouse 1992 - Actor