tare \TAIR\, noun:
1. The weight of the wrapping or container that holds an object.2. The weight of a container or wrapper that is deducted from the gross weight to obtain net weight.3. The weight of a vehicle without cargo, passengers, etc.4. Any of various climbing plants, generally with edible seeds.
Tare ultimately comes from the Arabic verb taraha, "to reject."
Meeting Affective Disorder
- A form of boredom that occurs in relation to mandatory meetings, most commonly those centered around a presentation. Symptoms include difficulty in staying awake, and delirious hallucinations more commonly referred to as daydreams.
Guy 1: I think you have Meeting Affective Disorder, you should see a doctor
Guy 2: Why do you think I have that?
Guy 1: The pool of drool on the table from you dozing off.
In what city was celebrity socialite Paris Hilton born?
- New York City—not Paris.
- Robert Fulton: launches his steamboat trip up the Hudson from New York to Albany (1807)
- Pike Place Market: Seattle's top tourist destination and one of the oldest farmers' markets in the US opened for business (1907)
- Peter Fechter: 18-year-old was killed as he attempted to cross the Berlin Wall; East German guards shot him and he was left to bleed to death (1962)
- Double Eagle II: became the first hot-air balloon to complete a transatlantic flight, from Presque Isle, Maine, to Miserey, France (1978)
- Davy Crockett 1786
- Samuel Goldwyn 1882
- Monty Woolley 1888
- Mae West 1893
- Quincy Howe 1900
- Ann Harding 1901
- Larry Clinton 1909
- Maureen O'Hara 1921
- Larry Rivers 1923
- Gary Powers 1929
- Glenn Corbett 1929
- Duke Pearson 1932
- Luther Allison 1939
- Robert De Niro 1943
- Martha Coolidge 1946
- Gary Talley 1947
- Sib Hashian (Boston)1949
- Robert Joy 1951
- Nelson Piquet 1952
- Kevin Rowland (Dexy's Midnight Runners) 1953
- Kevin Welch 1955
- Colin Moulding (XTC) 1955
- Belinda Carlisle (Go-Go's) 1958
- Sean Penn 1960
- Everette Harp 1961
- Gilby Clark (Guns N' Roses) 1962
- Maria McKee 1964
- Steve Gorman (The Black Crowes) 1965
- Jill Cunniff (Luscious Jackson) 1966
- David Conrad 1967
- Posdnuos 1969
- Donnie Wahlberg (New Kids on the Block) 1969
- Jim Courier 1970
- Bryton McClure 1986