lupine \LOO-pahyn\, adjective:
1. Savage; ravenous; predatory.2. Pertaining to or resembling the wolf.
1. Any of numerous plants belonging to the genus Lupinus, of the legume family.
Lupine derives from the Latin lupinus, "of the wolf." The relation between the animal, savagery, and the plant of the same name is unclear.
half and half and half
- A type of coffee so diluted by sugar, cream or milk that it no longer tastes like coffee, instead like milk and sugar, and has a beige or light brown color to it. The drink is typically concocted by those who want to appear as if they are drinking coffee but despise the taste.
Anne: Carrol is such a coffee poser, she'll only fill her mug with coffee halfway before she drowns it in milk and sugar.
Jill: Yeah, i hate the taste of her half and half and half.
- St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre: the murder of 70,000 French Protestants (Huguenots) by Catholics began (1572)
- White House: the seat of the US government was burned down by the British when they invaded Washington, DC, during the War of 1812 (1814)
- Treaty of Cordóba: Mexico gained independence from Spain (1821)
- Pluto: got demoted to dwarf planet following a redefinition of "planet" by the International Astronomical Union (2006)
- Joshua Lionel Cowen 1880
- Kenny Baker1934
- Murray Balfour 1936
- Mason Williams 1938
- David Freiburg (Jefferson Starship) 1938
- Ernest Wright (Little Anthony and the Imperials) 1941
- Marshall Thompson (The Chi-Lites) 1942
- John Cipollina (Quicksilver Messenger) 1943
- Gregory Jarvis 1944
- Jim Capaldi (Traffic) 1944
- Jim Brady (The Sandpipers) 1944
- Ken Hensley (Uriah Heep) 1945
- Joe Regalbuto 1949
- Mike Shanahan 1952
- Marlee Matlin 1965
- David Chappelle 1973
- Carmine Giovinazzo 1973
- Chad Michael Murray 1981
- Rupert Grint 1988