diaphanous \dy-AF-uh-nuhs\, adjective:
1. Of such fine texture as to allow light to pass through; translucent or transparent.
2. Vague; insubstantial.
Diaphanous ultimately derives from Greek diaphanes, "showing through," from diaphainein, "to show through, to be transparent," from dia-, "through" + phainein, "to show, to appear." It is related to phantom, something apparently sensed but having no physical reality.
- VB - A rather horrid beer favoured by the proletariat and Northern Territorians. Still remarkably better than the weak swill that Americans call beer. Also known as green death and Vaginal Backwash
- When one sticks their neck out so far as to avoid double chins and exude the confidence of a turtle that comes out of its shell.
She used the confident turtle to replace duck face in photos.
- Black Friday: Wall Street panicked as speculators tried to corner the gold market, causing a collapse (1869)
- USS Enterprise: first nuclear aircraft carrier was launched, in Newport News, Virginia (1960)
- 60 Minutes: investigative TV news-magazine debuted on CBS (1968)
- John Marshall 1755
- F. Scott Fitzgerald 1896
- Don Porter 1912
- Larry Gates 1915
- Jim McKay 1921
- Sheila MacRae 1924
- Anthony Newley 1931
- Jim Henson 1936
- Barbara Allbut (The Angels) 1940
- Linda McCartney 1941 - Musician (Wings), wife of Paul McCartney (Beatles)
- Phyllis "Jiggs" Allbut (The Angels) 1942
- Gerry Marsden (Gerry and the Pacemakers) 1942
- "Mean" Joe Green (NFL) 1946
- Phil Hartman 1948
- Gordon Clapp 1948
- Kevin Sorbo 1958
- Nia Vardalos 1962
- Cedric Dent (Take 6) 1962
- Rafael Palmeiro 1964
- Lisa Matthews (born Lisa Reich) 1969 (PB Playmate Apr 1990)
- Marty Mitchell (Ricochet) 1969
- Megan Ward 1969
- Marty Cintron (No Mercy) 1971
- Kyle Sullivan 1988