mussitate \MUHS-i-teyt\, verb:
- To silently move the lips in simulation of audible speech.
Mussitate comes from the Latin mussitāre, "speak indistinctly." Mutter shares the same roots.
- To uninstall software from a Microsoft operating system, usually in frustration.
I couldn't get that program to do what I needed it to, so I defenestrated it and installed something better.
- Siege of Jerusalem: Islamic military leader Saladin retook the holy city from the Crusaders (1187)
- HMS Beagle: naturalist Charles Darwin returned to England after a five-year sea voyage, during which he formulated his theory of natural selection (1836)
- Opus Dei: Roman Catholic organization was founded by St. Josemaría Escrivá; it was popularized in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code (1928)
- The first episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE premiered on television (1959)
- Thurgood Marshall: was sworn in as the Supreme Court's first African American justice (1967)
- Rock Hudson: movie star died of AIDS; he was the first celebrity to announce he had the disease (1985)
- Richard III 1452 - He married the widow of the Prince of Wales and then imprisoned his mother-in-law for life
- Wallace Stevens 1879
- Groucho (Julius) Marx 1890 - "Marx Brothers" movies and his quiz show "You Bet Your Life"
- Ruth Cheney Streeter 1895 - The first director of the U.S. Marine Corps Women's Reserve
- Bud Abbott 1895
- Graham Greene 1904
- Paul Goldsmith 1927
- Leon Rausch (Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys) 1927
- George "Spanky" McFarland 1928
- Moses Gunn 1929
- Maury Wills 1932
- Rex Reed 1938
- Don McLean 1945
- Jo-el Sonnier 1946
- Donna Karan 1948
- Chris LeDoux 1948
- Richard Hell 1949
- Annie Leibovitz 1949
- Mike Rutherford (Mike & the Mechanics, Genesis) 1950
- Gordon "Sting" Sumner (Police) 1951
- Philip Oakey (Human League) 1955
- Freddie Jackson 1956
- Bud Gaugh (Sublime) 1967
- Dion Allen (Az Yet) 1970
- Kelly Ripa 1970 actress, MILF
Jim "#4" Root 1971 Guitarist: SlipKnot / Stone Sour, Mr. Cristina Scabbia