1. To deceive or get the better of (someone) by trickery, flattery, or the like.2. To perplex; mystify.
Bamboozle was originally a slang or cant word, perhaps Scottish from bombaze, "perplex," related to bombast, or French. embabuiner, literally "to make a baboon of."
I was sitting in my cubicle and smelled something rotten in the air. I wish someone would have given an "Egg Alert" before I sat down to eat my lunch.
- phonograph: a new invention was announced by Thomas Edison (1877)
- Verrazano Narrows Bridge: the suspension bridge connecting Brooklyn to Staten Island opened (1964)
- Who shot J.R.? : 350 million people worldwide tuned in to Dallas to find out (1980)
- François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire) 1694
- William Beaumont 1785
- Rene Magritte 1898
- Stan Musial (MLB) 1920
- Vivian Blaine 1921
- Joseph Campanella 1927
- Jean Shepard 1933
- Laurence Luckinbill 1934
- Marlo Thomas 1938