alchemical \al-KEM-ik-uhl\, adjective:
1. Pertaining to the transformation of something common, usually of little value, into a substance of great worth.2. Relating to a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold.
Alchemical is the adjectival form of alchemy, which derives from the Arabic al-kimiya and the Ancient Greek khemeioa. Both roughly translate as "to pour the juices," a figurative description of the goal of alchemy to transmute the essence of one substance into another.
acronym for "Oh hell no!", which is properly used when someone does something so offensive, insane, or inappropriate that you must voice your disapproval.
Lu: "I told her I couldn't go to the baby shower because my aunt was in the hospital, and she said 'Sorry you'll miss it,' and reminded me where I could send the present."
Me: OHN! What a bitch!
- Kenesaw Mountain Landis: judge was elected the first commissioner of baseball after the Black Sox scandal (1920)
- Leon Trotsky: was expelled from the Communist Party and Joseph Stalin became the Soviet ruler (1927)
- Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge: eight-mile-long structure opened for traffic (1936)
- Ellis Island: the New York Harbor facility, which served more than 12 million immigrants, was closed (1954)
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton 1815
- Auguste Rodin 1840
- Jo Stafford 1918
- Richard Quine 1920
- Kim Hunter 1922
- Sunset Carson (Michael Harrison) 1922
- Grace Kelly 1929
- Jack Oakie 1930
- Charles Manson 1934
- Ruby Nash Curtis (Ruby & the Romantics) 1939
- Brian Hyland 1943
- Wallace Shawn 1943
- Jimmy Hayes (Persuasions) 1943
- Al Michaels 1944
- Booker T. Jones (Booker T. & the MGs) 1944
- Neil Young 1945
- Barbara Fairchild 1950
- Megan Mullally 1958
- Nadia Comaneci 1961
- David Ellefson (Megadeth) 1964
- Tony Montana (Great White) 1965
- Tonya Harding 1970
- Angela Watson 1974
- Tevin Campbell 1976