olio \OH-lee-oh\, noun:
1. A mixture of heterogeneous elements; hodgepodge.2. A dish of many ingredients.3. A medley or potpourri, as of musical or literary selections; miscellany.
Olio enters English from Spanish and Portugese as "a medley dish."
- The time period during which a guy is actually engaged in the shopping experience. This period can last from almost no time at all to literally hours for a metrosexual, and includes all forms of shopping, from the grocery store to designer boutiques. It should also be noted that this period can be increased through witty girl techniques such as handing a guy a blackberry loaded with brickbreaker to play or sitting him in front of a couch with sportscenter.
"Dude, I am totally down to go try on a few pairs of jeans right now, but I am letting you know that my shopping window is only about 45 minutes today.
- Toulon, France: during WWII, the French Navy scuttled its own ships and submarines to prevent them from falling into German hands (1942)
- Pope Paul VI: was accosted by a dagger-wielding Bolivian painter at a Manila airport (1970)
- "Buffalo" Bob Smith 1917
- Bruce Lee 1940
- Eddie Rabbit 1941
- Jimi Hendrix 1942 - Musician
- William Sanford "Bill" Nye (the Science Guy) 1955
- William Fichtner 1956
- Caroline Kennedy 1957
- Charlie Burchill (Simple Minds) 1957
- Lori Barbero (Babes in Toyland) 1960
- Charlie Benante (Anthrax) 1962
- Mike Bordin (Faith No More) 1962
- Fisher Stevens 1963
- Robin Givens 1964
- Skoob (DAS EFX) 1970