gallivant \GAL-uh-vant\, verb:
1. To wander about, seeking pleasure or diversion; gad.2. To go about with members of the opposite sex.
Gallivant has an uncertain origin, but likely stems from a playful take on gallant, "brave, spirited, noble-minded, or chivalrous."
- Acronym for "PHOtoshopped Beyond All Recognition." A play on the the more popular acronym FUBAR: "Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition," PHOBAR refers to an image, usually a photo of a person, that has been retouched and airbrushed with digital image manipulation software on a computer so significantly, that the person in the photo is barely recognizable.
Of course she looks perfect in that photo, she was PHOBAR.
- Joseph Rainey: became the first African American to sit in the US House of Representatives (1870)
- The Katzenjammer Kids: oldest comic strip still in syndication debuted (1897)
- Guglielmo Marconi: transmitted the first transatlantic radio signal, from Cornwall to Newfoundland; the feat was unsubstantiated (1901)
- Boys Town: youth center was founded by Father Flanagan (1917)
- Arthur Ashe: became the first African American to be ranked #1 in tennis (1968)
- Paul Rodgers (Bad Company) 1949
- Cathy Rigby 1952