philter \FIL-ter\, noun:
1. A magic potion for any purpose.2. A potion, charm, or drug supposed to cause the person taking it to fall in love, usually with some specific person.
Philter originates from the Greek philtron, "love potion," which itself derives from the Greek philos "love of."
- Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks.
You are such a dork.
- Indiana: the Hoosier State became America's 19th state (1816)
- Edward VIII: king of Great Britain and Ireland became the first English monarch to abdicate the throne voluntarily; he did it for love (1936)
- UNICEF: United Nations Children's Fund, which won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1965, was founded (1946)
- Chechnya: Moscow sent in troops to restore control over the region (1994)
- Madoff scandal: Bernie Madoff: the former NASDAQ chairman was arrested for perpetrating what may be the largest Ponzi scheme in Wall Street history; he was sentenced to 150 years in prison (2008)
- Fiorello La Guardia 1882
- Carlo Ponti 1913
- Perez Prado 1918
- Tony Brown 1946
- Lynda Day George 1946
- Jermaine Jackson 1954
- Nikki Sixx 1958 - "Musician" (Motley Crue)
- Mo'Nique 1968