scurf \SKURF\, noun:
1. The scales or small shreds of epidermis that are continually exfoliated from the skin.2. Any scaly matter or incrustation on a surface.
Scurf derives from the ancient Germanic root skurfa, "crust."
- an individual who is highly amused by anything associated with flatuation.
LuAnn was such a fart enthusiast that, upon the mention of a fart, she doubles over with laughter.
- Chicago: was founded with a mission established by French priest Jacques Marquette on the shore of Lake Michigan (1674)
- suttee: the Hindu practice of a widow's self-immolation on her husband's funeral pyre was outlawed by the British in India (1829)
- The Los Angeles Times: began publication; it is now the second-largest metropolitan newspaper in the US (1881)
- Wassily Kandinsky 1866
- Deanna Durbin 1921
- Bob Mosley 1942 - Musician (Moby Grape)
- Brian Prout 1955 - Musician (Diamond Rio)
- Bob Griffin 1959 - Musician (The BoDeans)