bespoke \bih-SPOHK\, adjective:
1. Made to individual order; custom-made.2. Of the making or selling such clothes.3. (Archaic:) Engaged to be married; spoken for.
Bespoke is an artifact of the archaic English verb bespeak, "to arrange beforehand."
Urban Dictionary Cover-Up
- The act of scrambling onto UrbanDictionary.com to quickly find out the definition of a word, usually when used over texts or IM. Used to cover up the fact that you did not know the meaning of the word prior to its use. Commonly abbreviated to UDCU.
Person A: "yo dude, that jam was live last night."
Person B: *quickly does an urban dictionary cover-up*
"yeah, that was a pretty cool party."
- Immaculate Conception: the belief that the Virgin Mary was born free of sin was defined as a dogma by Pope Pius IX (1854)
- World War II: the day after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, the US entered into WWII (1941)
- CIS: the Commonwealth of Independent States was established instead of the USSR by Russia, Belarus and Ukraine (1991)
- NAFTA: Canadian-Mexican-US trade pact was signed into law by US President Bill Clinton (1993)
- Horace 65 B.C.
- Mary Stuart (Queen of Scots) 1542
- Bjornstjerne Bjornson 1832
- Diego Rivera 1886
- James Thurber 1894
- Lee J. Cobb 1911
- Floyd Tillman 1914
- Sammy Davis, Jr. 1925
- Richard Fleischer 1926
- Maximillian Schell 1930
- Kim Basinger 1953
- Warren Cuccurullo (Duran Duran) 1957
- Phil Collen (Def Leppard) 1957
- Marty Raybon (The Raybon Brothers) 1959
- Sinead O'Connor 1966
- Matthew Laborteaux 1966
- Bushwick Bill (The Geto Boys) 1966
- Ryan Newell (Sister Hazel) 1972
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) 1973
- Dominic Monaghan (Dominic Bernard Patric Monaghan) 1976 - Actor ("Lost," "Lord of the Rings")
- Ian Somerhalder 1978 - Actor ("Lost," "The Vampire Diaries")