FRIDAY THE 13TH!
triskaidekaphobia \ tris-kahy-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh, tris-kuh- \ , noun;
- fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.
creolize \KREE-uh-lahyz\, verb:
1. To combine local and foreign elements into a new, distinct whole.2. To render a pidgin into a distinct, spoken language.
Creolize is a verb alteration of creole, which derives from the Spanish criollo, "a person native to a locality."
- To express on IM or SMS when something was funny, because just 'haha' or 'LOL' isn't that dramatic and can be used as just acknowledging when someone has said something.
Bobby31: ...they call it cheese and quackers!
Bobby31: oh come on it was funnier than that
- J'accuse: French journalist Emile Zola published his defense of Alfred Dreyfus, the army captain falsely convicted of treason because he was Jewish (1898)
- Henry Ford: patented his plastic car, which ran on ethanol; the plastic was soybean-based, and the car was unsuccessful (1942)
- L. Douglas Wilder: became the first African American elected governor of a US state — Virginia (1990)