klatsch \KLAHCH\, noun:
- A casual gathering of people, esp. for refreshments and informal conversation.
Klatsch comes from the German word for "gossip."
- The act of walking slowly or "shuffling" because you're too preoccupied with tasks being done on your smartphone such as browsing the internet, texting, etc. The Smartphone Shuffle can sometimes be dangerous for oneself, such as crossing a roads, not paying attention to surroundings. It can also be a nuisance for other people as distracted Smartphone Shufflers block hallways, stairs or sidewalks and impede flow of pedestrian.
Stop doing the Smartphone Shuffle! You're blocking the sidewalk.
- Miami Dolphins: beat the Washington Redskins in Super Bowl VII, becoming the first, and so far only, NFL team to have an undefeated season (1973)
- Andy Rooney 1919
- Tom Tryon 1926
- Billy Walker 1929
- Caterina Valente 1931
- Geoff Tate (Queensryche) 1959
- Steven Soderbergh 1963
- Mark Addy 1964
- Slick Rick 1965
- Dan Scheider 1966
- Tom Rhodes 1967
- Emily Watson 1967
- L.L. Cool J (James Todd Smith) 1968
- Jason Bateman 1969
- Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana) 1969