mansuetude \MAN-swi-tood\, noun:
- Mildness; gentleness.
Mansuetude derives from the Latin mansuescere, literally "to tame by the hand."
- when someone goes straight down your Facebook page and likes everything. including wallposts, comments, statuses, etc. usually it's a close friend of yours, or someone who's bored to death.
Al: I straight liked Amanda's Facebook page like 3 times she's pissed.
Sonia: That's hilarious I always do that to one of my co-workers when I'm bored.
- Hattie Caraway: became the first woman elected to the US Senate, exactly 17 years after the House rejected suffrage for women; she made no speeches in the 14 years she served (1932)
- James Bedford: Californian professor of psychology became the first person to be cryonically preserved when he was frozen a few hours after his death from cancer (1967)
- All in the Family: groundbreaking sitcom premiered on TV, dealing with issues previously considered unacceptable — including racism, homosexuality and impotence (1971)
- Deep Impact: space probe was launched from Cape Canaveral to study the core of comet 9P/Tempel by crashing into it; the probe reached its target in July (2005)
- Joe E. Lewis (Klewan) 1902
- Tex (Woodward) Ritter 1905
- Luise Rainer 1910
- Martin Agronsky 1915
- Glenn Yarbrough (The Limeliters) 1930
- William Lee Golden (The Oak Ridge Boys) 1939
- Tucker (Ivan) Frederickson 1943
- Joe Frazier 1944
- Maggie Bell (Stone the Crows) 1945
- Cynthia Robinson (Sly and the Family Stone) 1946
- Anthony Andrews 1948
- Wayne Wang 1949
- Ricky Van Shelton 1952
- Kirstie Alley 1955
- Charlie Gillingham (Counting Crows) 1960
- Jeffrey Bezos 1964
- Rob Zombie (White Zombie) 1966
- Melanie Chisholm (Spice Girls) 1975
- Alicia Angel (t3h pr0n) 1984
- Andrew Lawrence 1988