hypnagogic \hip-nuh-GOJ-ik; -GOH-jik\, adjective:
- Of, pertaining to, or occurring in the state of drowsiness preceding sleep.
Hypnagogic (sometimes spelled hypnogogic) ultimately derives from Greek hupnos, "sleep" + agogos, "leading," from agein, "to lead."
- An individual who will suddenly, mid-conversation stop responding to you via text. Or, an individual who has reckless emotional swings through text message.
Jamie: "Hey Steve did you talk to Chelsea last night.
Steve: "Yeah dude shes such a Bipolar Texter"
Jamie: "Yep, she does that to everyone"
- Gregorian calendar: solar calendar was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in a papal bull known as Inter gravissimas, to correct the Julian calendar (1582)
- Marbury v. Madison: established judicial review, giving the Supreme Court power to overturn acts of Congress it deems unconstitutional (1803)
- Andrew Johnson: became the first US president to be impeached, for defying the Tenure of Office Act (1868)
- National Public Radio: the home of All Things Considered and Car Talk was created (1970)
- Wilhelm Grimm 1786 - Author with brother Jakob Grimm (Grimm's Fairy Tales: Rumpelstiltskin, Snow White, The Sleeping Beauty, Tom Thumb)
- Winslow Homer 1836 - Artist
- Honus (John Peter) Wagner 1874 - Baseball player, "The Flying Dutchman"
- Chester Nimitz 1885 - U.S. Navy Admiral, WWII Commander in Chief, signed the Japanese surrender papers
- Marjorie Main (Mary Tomlinson) 1890 - Actress ("Ma and Pa Kettle", "The Egg and I")
- Zachary Scott (Zachary Thomson Scott, Jr.) 1914 - Actor ("Flamingo Road", "The Young One")
- Bubba (John Melvin) Phillips 1928 - Baseball player
- Richard B. Shull 1929 - Actor ("Splash")
- Barbara Lawrence 1930
- Dominic Chianese 1931 - Actor ("The Sopranos"), singer
- John Vernon 1932 - Actor ("The Outlaw Jose Wales", "Dirty Harry")
- Michel Legrand 1932 - Composer
- Linda Cristal 1936
- Renata Scotto 1936 - Opera singer
- Lance Reventlow 1936 - Auto racer, son of Barbara Hutton
- James Farentino 1938 - Actor ("Dynasty", "The Final Countdown")
- Paul Jones 1942 - Musician (Manfred Mann)
- George Harrison 1943 - Musician (Beatles) - In 1992, Harrison stated, "I only learned recently after all these years that the date and time of my own birth have always been off by one calendar day and about a half hour on the clock." Previously, Harrison thought his birthday was the 25th.
- Sheila Larkin 1944
- Barry Bostwick 1945 - Actor ("Spy Hard", "Spin City" "War & Remembrance")
- Steven Jobs 1955 - Co-founder of Apple, Inc. - iTunes Music
- Eddie Murray 1956 - Baseball player
- Todd Field 1964 - Director
- Billy Zane 1966 - Actor ("Titanic")
- Jeff Garcia 1970 - Football player
- Mike Lowell 1974 - Baseball player
- Simeon Rice 1974 - Football player
- Bonnie Somerville 1974 - Actress