bumptious \BUMP-shuhs\, adjective:
- Crudely, presumptuously, or loudly self-assertive.
Bumptious is perhaps a blend of bump and presumptuous.
- A specific celebrity you and your significant other mutually agreed that it would be okay to have sex with should the two of you ever meet in public and have a one night stand.
My wife won't mind, Kate Beckinsale is my celebrity lay.
In the world of science, what are shmoos?
- Yeast cells preparing to mate. In doing so they develop tips that grow toward one another and morph into elongated pearlike shapes—resembling the Shmoo in the Li’l Abner comics—until they fuse into one.
- Robert the Bruce: became king of not-yet-independent Scotland; in 1328, after many battles, England's King Edward III finally recognized Scotland's independence and Bruce as its king (1306)
- Maryland: was founded by settlers sent by Lord Baltimore (1634)
- Coxey's Army: the first popular protest march on Washington left Massillon, Ohio, led by Jacob Coxey; the men sought legislation to create jobs in a depression year (1894)
- Bed-In for Peace: John Lennon and Yoko Ono celebrated their marriage with their first weeklong stay in bed, in an Amsterdam hotel with the press onlooking (1969)
- "How long, not long": Martin Luther King, Jr., delivers a speech on the steps of Alabama's state capitol, at the end of the Selma to Montgomery march (1965)
- European Economic Community: was established with the Treaty of Rome; it comprised W. Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg (1957)
- William Bell Wait 1839
- John Gutzon Borglum 1871
- Bela Bartok 1881
- Ed Begley, Sr. 1901
- Frankie Carle 1903
- David Lean 1908
- Jeanne Cagney 1919
- Howard Cosell 1920
- Nancy Kelly 1921
- Simone Signoret 1921
- Eileen Ford 1922
- Jim Lovell 1928 - Astronaut
- Flannery O’Connor 1925
- Gene Shalit 1932 - Movie critic
- Bonnie Guitar 1934
- Gloria Steinem 1934 - Feminist author
- Johnny Burnette 1935
- Hoyt Axton 1938
- Anita Bryant 1940 - Singer
- Aretha Franklin 1942 - Singer
- Paul Michael Glaser 1943 - Actor ("Third Watch", "Starsky and Hutch")
- Bonnie Bedelia 1948 - Actress ("Parenthood")
- Brenda Song 1960 - Actress ("Desperate Housewives")
- John Stockwell 1961 - Actor, writer, director
- Marcia Cross 1962 - Actress ("Desperate Housewives")
- Lisa Gay Hamilton 1964 - Actress ("The Practice")