Thought of the day: Today doesn't only have a date, but that date is also a command, March 4th spoken sounds the same as March Forth as in, go there!
gastronome \GAS-truh-nohm\, noun:
- A connoisseur of good food and drink.
Gastronome is ultimately derived from Greek gaster, "stomach" + nomos, "rule, law."
- Having the attitude that if something can't be done in 5 minutes or less, it's not worth doing.
Someone's mom: "You know, I just hate how our son never gets his chores done."
Someone's dad: "Yeah it's his microwave mentality. He gets it from you."
- Prince Henry the Navigator 1394
- Antonio Vivaldi 1678
- Knute Rockne 1888
- Charles Goren 1901
- Harry Helmsley 1909
- John Garfield 1913
- Carlos Surinach 1915
- Margaret Osborne DuPont 1918
- Joan Greenwood 1921
- Miriam Makeba 1932
- Barbara McNair 1934
- Jim Clark 1936 - Race car driver
- Paula Prentiss 1939 - Actress
- Susan Clark 1944
- Bobby Womack 1944 - Singer
Gunnar Hansen 1947 - actor Leatherface
- Shakin' Stevens 1948
- Chris Squire 1948 - Musician (Yes)
- Chris Rea 1951 - Musician (Chris Rea Band)
- Kay Lenz 1953
- Emilio Estefan 1953 - Musician (Miami Sound Machine)
- Adrian Zmed 1954
- Catherine O’Hara 1954 - Actress
- Stacy Edwards 1965 - Actress ("Chicago Hope")
- Patrick Hannan 1966 - Musician (The Sundays)
- Evan Dando 1967 - Musician (Lemonheads)
- Patsy Kensit 1968
- Chastity Bono 1969 - Daughter of Sonny and Cher
- Jason Sellers 1971
- Fergal Lawler 1971 - Musician (The Cranberries)
- Whitney Port 1985 - Actress ("The Hills")
- Andrea Bowen 1990 - Actress ("Desperate Housewives")