verisimilitude \ver-uh-suh-MIL-uh-tood; -tyood\, noun:
1. The appearance of truth; the quality of seeming to be true.2. Something that has the appearance of being true or real.
Verisimilitude comes from Latin verisimilitudo, from verisimilis, from verus, "true" + similis, "like, resembling, similar." The adjective form is verisimilar.
- Mentioning that you're wearing an expensive brand of clothing, using an expensive piece of technology, or bragging about other items that you own which are of high value. Brand Dropping is similar to name dropping, the main difference is mentioning merchandise in lieu of a person.
Jon: Dude! Watch it, if you spill that drink on my $ 350 Zegna shirt I'm gonna lose it.
Dave: Stop brand dropping Jon. No one cares what kind of shirt that is.
What is the weight and diameter of the standard pool ball?
- Weight, 5 ½ to 6 ounces; diameter, 2 ¼ inches.
- Popeye: a statue of the spinach-loving cartoon character was erected in Crystal City, Texas (1937)
- Bangladesh: declared independence from Pakistan (1971)
- Camp David Accords: Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement was signed at the White House (1979)
- Mercosur: the Southern Common Market, which joins Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay, was established with the Treaty of Asunción (1991)
- Louise Otto 1819
- Edward Bellamy 1850
- A.E. Housman 1859
- Robert Frost 1874
- Duncan Hines 1880
- Al Jolson 1886
- Clarence Stroud 1907 - Actor, father of actor Don Stroud
- Chips Rafferty 1909
- Tennessee Williams 1911
- Sterling Hayden 1916
- Rufus Thomas 1917
- Strother Martin 1919
- Joe Loco 1921
- Bob Elliott 1923
- James Clifton Williams 1923
- James Moody 1925 - Jazz saxophonist
- Pierre Boulez 1925 - Conductor, composer
- Maurice Simon 1929
- Sandra Day O'Connor 1930 - U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- Alan Arkin 1934 - Actor
- James Caan 1939 - Actor
- Rod Lauren 1940
- Braulio Baeza 1940
- Nancy Pelosi 1940 - U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives / zombie
- Erica Jong 1942 - Author
- Diana Ross 1944 - Singer
- Johnny Crawford 1946 - Actor
- Marcus Allen 1960 - Football player
- Gabriele "Nena" Kerner 1960
- John Stockton 1962 - Basketball player
- Michael Imperioli 1966 - Actor ("The Sopranos")
- James Iha 1968 - Musician (Smashing Pumpkins)
- Juvenile 1975 - Rapper