Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Review Tuesday: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. [2015]


The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
During the early 1960s, a group of opposing Cold War spies are forced to work together on a mission to keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of organized crime. 
When the first commercials and trailers for this movie came out I had ZERO inclination to see it. First, I am not old enough to remember the show from the 1960s. Secondly, I am always weary of anything from Guy Ritchie. With that in mind, I happened to catch it as an in-flight movie earlier this year with no expectations. 

The movie has a rather impressive cast. Henry Cavill plays the very suave American spy Napoleon Solo. Armie Hammer is the explosive Russian spy Illya Kuryakin. Alicia Vikander is Gaby who plays everyone like a fine violin.

I won't get into the details of the movie, but it's pretty much as you'd expect. A bunch of spies all trying to get the info and run off to their superiors first. Treachery is one of the tools they use on a job like this. So while they are brilliantly working on the mission, they are always scheming to put on over on the others. 

I, surprisingly, found this movie very entertaining. I don't regret NOT seeing it on the big screen, but I don't feel like I wasted my time watching it on the small screen either.

IMDB
AMAZON

0 comments: