Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Review Tuesday: SECURITY [2017]

SECURITY
A war veteran gets a job as a security guard just in time to save a girl from a team of mercenaries. 
A friend suggested to Mrs Bax0jayz that we see this movie. Honestly, I hadn't even heard of it before. Apparently it came out during tax season last year and I didn't even notice as it came and went. 

Antonio Banderas plays Eddie, a veteran who is down on his luck desperate for a job. He gets placed in an overnight security guard position in a local mall. Nearby a convoy of Federal Agents gets jumped and wiped out by a team of mercenaries led by Charlie (Ben Kingsley) looking to silence a little girl named Jamie (Katherine de la Rocha) who survives by running through a forest and ends up at the mall. The very first night on the job Eddie, along with the other security guards, have to try to keep the girl safe while trying to avoid getting themselves killed. 

 The movie was more fun than I expected. I'm not saying it's not riddled with problems. If you think about it AT ALL it'll have you hating the movie right away. But if you suspend belief and don't obsess on Antonio's weird looking beard too much it's not too bad to watch. I'm glad I didn't drop money to see it in the theaters, but don't feel like I completely wasted my time watching it.

0 comments: