Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Review Tuesday: LORD OF WAR [2005]

Image result for lord of war

LORD OF WAR
The rise of a local two-bit gun-runner into international weapons smuggler. 
A friend handed me this DVD and stated, "watch this."

"I am afraid I cannot do that. It stars Nicolas Cage," I responded. 

"It's good DESPITE him," he promised. So I watched it. 

And it was. At over two hours, it is a thorough cinematic essay about how a dude in Queens, NY decided to make a living as a low level black market gun dealer, but finds opportunities to go large scale after the fall of the USSR. 

The movie is compelling to watch and Cage with Leto do a great job in their roles. This movie is another one in which Jared Leto gets murdered, so it's worth seeing just for that. The rest of the story is all gravy. 

If you haven't seen this, it;s one of Cage's finer roles before his career imploded.

Watch it on AMAZON
IMDB

0 comments: