Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Review Tuesday: The Walking Dead - Season 10


 
The Walking Dead
Season 10
The survivors have to face the final assault from the Whisperers. 
The writers continue to dumb down the show in efforts to drag out the story-line. So, instead of Negan running off and killing Alpha in an effort to get back in with the good graces of Rick, Negan is secretly working for Carol to kill Alpha. Which MAKES NO SENSE since she had nothing to do with his escape.  
 
The COVID-19 arrived just in time to cause a six-month extension of the season finale. This long-awaited season finale felt more like a series of commercials for the forthcoming TWD spin-offs, as I read there are supposed to be FOUR different shows running concurrently. We saw Michonne walk off earlier int eh season her own mission to find Rick Grimes. No one has any idea what's going on with FTWD, but the villains that were shown in the last season with fancy equipment and helicopters seem to be the bag guys in the new series that premiered after the TWD finale, THE WALKING DEAD: THE WORLD BEYOND. I have a feeling I won't be sticking around for that one, as it's about a group of teens on the West Coast decide to walk to the East Coast to find their father. I HATE horror with children as the heroes. Also, Carol and Darryl are supposed to run off and start their own series.
 
But I digress.The special effects were as good as ever, but the story remains the big problem for TWD. You have about 5-10 minutes of good stuff per episode, and the rest is just filler. Mostly by-products and barely any scraps of meat. But there is a silver lining. They already introduced the final story-line from the comics, and with that announced that they should have this series tied up with one, final super-sized season. So, with the end in sight, I will continue to tune in to this series. 
 
More on IMDB
Watch it on AMAZON   

0 comments: