Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Review Tuesday: Will of The People by MUSE (2022)

Will of The People
 
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
by MUSE
 
Years ago I recall reading an interview with singer / songwriter Matt Bellamy in which he said that he was a left leaning libertarian. Since "left leaning" usually goes hand in hand with bigger federal government, I scoffed at this comment. Regardless, I felt Bellamy, along his band-mates in MUSE were extraordinary song-writers and musicians. They are another one of those ridiculously talented three-man bands. 
 
I was a little surprised to find out that MUSE was putting out new music in 2022, but once I started hearing song titles, it makes sense, give the times...
Track Listing

1 Will Of The People
2 Compliance
3 Liberation
4 Won't Stand Down
5 Ghosts (How Can I Move On)
6 You Make Me Feel Like It's Halloween
7 Kill Or Be Killed
8 Verona
9 Euphoria
10 We Are Fucking Fucked
I would say this record is, largely, a scathing condemnation of how the world governments took advantage of the COVID-19 situation to control the masses. Of course, since Matt seems to be a hopeless romantic, there are a couple really pretty songs, then the record ends with the angriest and most cynical track you can imagine. 

There are records that you have to listen to at least a couple times to adjust to it. This isn't one of them. It's very new music, but has that MUSE flavor. As a fan of MUSE for years, I am very happy with this work. A well-written and nicely polished record. I recommend it!
 
Got it on AMAZON

0 comments: