Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Review Tuesday: Whispers of Death by AJ Mullican

Whispers of Death by [AJ Mullican]
Whispers of Death
by AJ Mullican
A woman finds out that there is a battle between good and evil within herself, literally. 
On occasion I read erotica. When I do, it's usually paranormal erotica. Recently a friend challenged me to read this book, but the joke was on her, I had already purchased it!
 
The books starts off with a mentally ill woman who had escaped from a mental institution. In her throes of madness she fell victim to a horrendous rape. The story forwards 28 years when the product of that rape, Sera, awakes from a black-out to find herself straddling the mutilated corpse of a one-night stand. And this wasn't the first time this had happened to her. 
 
Paranormal erotica? WTF is this?
 
Hang in there. This is NOT the story I was expecting it to be. It's a profound story of friendship, family, love, faith, and redemption. I really don't want to say much more as it would give away the story. What I DO want to say is that this book is well-written, with perfectly developed characters and built on a world that I would love to see more books written about. While the plot-lines all get tied up by the end, there IS a lot of potential for a series of books in this world that AJ Mullican created. It's probably less of paranormal-erotica and more of a horror novel, let's say, and well-worth your time to read. 
 
AMAZON    
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: