Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Review Tuesday: Attack on Titan

  Amazon.com: Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 1: 9781612629711: Isayama,  Hajime: Books
 
Attack on Titan
People living in fear behind giant walls are hiding a secret they didn't even realize. 
I don't get to watch a lot of anime. Watching a series is hard for me. It's a big investment of time which I do not have. However, one of the biggest names in recent years is ATTACK ON TITAN. My BFF asked me to watch it with her, so why not? It's only 4 seasons...
 
I don't know what to say. It's a very long and weird series. It's mostly very well developed, but I feel like after season three, they went ape-shit trying to finish up the story. However, in doing so they added so many zigs and zags that it felt like it turned into something completely different. 
 
It starts off with a city behind walls to protect it from the monstrous TITANS getting attacked and the Titans getting in causing mass damages and casualties. Eren Yeager vows to exterminate the beasts. Pretty much entire rest of the series is his journey to meet that goal.
 
To me, I felt that since the story isn't linear with all of the jumping back and forth it led to all sorts of confusion. A massive conspiracy emerges. However, in the end it's mostly coherent if not rushed at the end. All that taken into account I am still glad I had the opportunity to watch it. I am up to date on that part of modern pop culture, as the series only concluded a couple years ago.    
 
 Attack on Titan - Mikasa - high quality 11 x 17 digital print – Greg Horn  Art
  

0 comments: