![Amazon.com: Phantasm Special Edition Boxset [Blu-ray] : Angus Scrimm, A. Michael Baldwin, Reggie Bannister, Don Coscarelli: Movies & TV](https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81W2Cc1OVHL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg)
Phantasm
1979
Something very odd is happening at the local funeral parlor.
I remember seeing parts of this movie as a child, but have never seen it all the way through. Many horror aficionados hail PHANTASM as one of the all-time greats so I have always felt an urge to re-visit this film. Thanks to my BFF, I finally got around to it.
The movie starts off with a man getting murdered while laid. The lovely woman in lavender transforms into the terrifying tall man who happens to be the local funeral director. He's apparently up to no good, but what is it? Brothers Mike and Jody (A. Michael Baldwin & Bill Thornbury) take it upon themselves to figure out what's going on.
I have to say that I had high expectations for this movie based on word of mouth, but it was pretty terrible and incredibly underwhelming. I am not sure how it's developed a cult following. The story is pretty weak. The acting is awful. Special effects were rudimentary. I simply don't see what people adore about it.









0 comments:
Post a Comment