Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In Print: Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulks

Devil May Care is a new James Bond book. This is the first new 007 novel since Ian Fleming died during the 1960's. My parents were big Bond movie fans, but I was too young to truly enjoy them. Additionally, I never sat down and read any of the books.

Until I got my advance copy of Devil May Care. I went into this with no expectations. you're always better off that way. I was rewarded with what, in my mind, was a perfect James Bond tale.

The characters are developed wonderfully. The villain is such a typical Bond villain. The other characters are all as you would expect, even the female interest. The way the story was told, and unfolded was so perfectly period. The author didn't try to bring 007 into 2008, but kept him back in the 1960's. The vocabulary used and the overall feel takes you back to another time. Well executed!

This is a quick read and you won't want to stop turning the pages. Mr. Faulks did a great job with the franchise. I suggest you try this one out too!

My Devil May Care Releases:

0 comments: