Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Review Tuesday: FINAL DESTINATION (2000)

Final Destination (2000) - IMDb 
 
FINAL DESTINATION
2000
When a handful of people cheat death, death comes looking for them.
Yeah, I know, here's another one that I am really late getting to. A friend wanted me to see it, so we did. 
 
A class was headed to France for a trip. One student, Alex (Devon Sawa), had a premonition of the plane exploding and freaked out. Him and a bunch of others were removed from the flight. Shortly after take-off, the plane DID explode. This group of survivors cheated death and death would not be denied! The rest of the movie is about death visiting each of them. 
 
I can, now, see why people have embraced this movie because it was pretty fun. You see all the possibilities and options that death is trying to use in its ultimate plan. The only problem I had with it was the way is supposed to take place in Nassau County, NY and none of it actually looks like anyplace in Long Island! That and the high school girl who seemed to be living in a Long Island home all alone. Tell me how she could afford Nassau County real estate taxes on her own!
 
I liked it. If you have been hiding under a rock for under 20 years, like me, it would be a good time to emerge and finally see it!
 
 
 
 

0 comments: