ROOFMAN
2025
A polite criminal who breaks into businesses through the roof tries to make a new life for himself.
I don't have too many opportunities for sneak previews, but I had one last week. Apparently AMC Theaters have a program called Scene Unseen and you can see a movie that's not out yet, at a reduced price. The catch, the only thing they tell you is that it's Rated-R. Rated-R in October? Must be a horror film, right! Okay, I went for dinner and a movie with Mrs Bax0jayz.
And the movie turned out to be ROOFMAN.
Based on the true story of the roof man robber, a thief known for breaking into various businesses by chopping a hole in their roofs and sneaking in before they open, so he can ambush and rob them when they open. His usual targets were McDonald's, Burger King and Blockbuster Video.
The story is another one of these the villain really isn't all that bad. He was polite while robbing people at gunpoint. He would avoid harming anyone if at all possible. And he was doing all this to provide for his family. But he got sloppy and the cops bagged him and he ended up in jail.
Of course a guy this clever couldn't be kept behind bars. He escaped and ended up living in a TOYS R US for months. Roofman, aka Jeffrey Manchester is played by Channing Tatum. And shockingly, this film is more of a drama / romance than sort sort of crime / mystery. The romantic interest was Leigh WAinscott played by Kirsten Dunst. AS a whole, the cast is quite good and perform their roles convincingly. The movie keeps your attention despite clocking in at OVER two hours. In the end, however, you knew Jeffrey was destined to get caught again because he was way too careless to get away with his crimes and escape.
I would call this movie good. I am not raving about it, nor would I tell anyone this is a MUST-SEE. However, if you happen to catch it on TV in the future, it should be a good movie to watch.

0 comments:
Post a Comment