gorgonize \GAWR-guh-nahyz\, verb:
- To affect as a Gorgon; hypnotize; petrify.
Gorgonize is the verbification of an ancient Greek mythological figure. The Gorgons were three sister monsters commonly represented as having snakes for hair, wings, and brazen claws. Their eyes turned anyone looking into them to stone. Thus to gorgonize someone is to turn them into stone.
- Used to describe an icy bitch whose very gaze turns even the hottest of rods stone cold.
That fucking gorgon turned my dick inside out.
What percentage of the human brain comprises fat?
- About 60 percent.
- Shaanxi Earthquake: deadliest earthquake in recorded history shook central and eastern China, killing more than 800,000 (1556)
- Election Day: date for national elections was set by US Congress as the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November (1845)
- Elizabeth Blackwell: became the first female physician in the US, graduating first in her class from Geneva Medical College (1849)
- Roots: the mini-series based on Alex Haley's epic novel began on ABC (1977)
- Daniel Pearl: reporter for The Wall Street Journal was kidnapped in Karachi, Pakistan; he was killed less than a month later (2002)