couture \koo-TOOR\, noun:
- The business of designing, making, and selling highly fashionable, usually custom-made clothing for women.
- Dressmakers and fashion designers considered as a group.
- The high-fashion clothing created by designers.
- Created or produced by a fashion designer.
- Being, having, or suggesting the style, quality, etc., of a fashion designer; very fashionable.
Couture is from French meaning sewing, from Old French cousture, from Vulgar Latin cōnsūtūra, from Latin cōnsuere, cōnsūt-, to sew together.
- The extra little bit of weight you put on during a period of being on holiday or vacation.
Man, when I get back to work I'll have to start going to the gym again- I've put on some serious holiday pounds
- Russo-Finnish War: began; at its conclusion, Finland ceded part of its territory to Russia (1939)
- Lucille Ball: zany redheaded comedienne married Cuban bandleader Desi Arnaz, who became her costar in I Love Lucy (1940)
- Barbados: gained its independence from Great Britain (1966)
- Tiny Tim died after ending a show early because he felt ill. (1996)
- Jonathan Swift 1667
- Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens) 1835
- Winston Churchill (Britain) 1874
- Brownie McGhee 1915
- Efren Zimbalist, Jr. 1918
- Virginia Mayo 1920
- Richard Crenna 1926
- Dick Clark 1929
- G. Gordon Liddy 1930
- Teddy Wilburn 1931
- Bob Moore 1932
- Abbie Hoffman 1936
- Jimmy Bowen 1937
- Robert Guillaume 1937
- Frank Ifield 1937
- Ridley Scott 1937
- Luther Ingram 1944
- Rob Grill (The Grassroots) 1944
- Roger Glover (Deep Purple) 1945
- John Ashton (Psychedelic Furs) 1957
- Bo Jackson (NFL, MLB) 1962
- Jalil (Whodini) 1963
- Ben Stiller 1965
- Paul Wheeler (Icehouse) 1965
- Allan Sherman 1975
- Mindy McCready 1975
- Clay Aiken (Clayton Holmes Grissom) 1978
- Elisha Cuthbert 1982
- CJ Gibson 1983