FRIDAY THE 13TH!
triskaidekaphobia \ tris-kahy-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh, tris-kuh- \ , noun;
- fear or a phobia concerning the number 13.
carapace \KAIR-uh-pace\, noun:
- The thick shell that covers the back of the turtle, the crab, and other animals.
- Something likened to a shell that serves to protect or isolate from external influence.
- Less intense than the experience of "blacking out" when drunk and not remembering portions (or all) of your night, "browning out" occurs when you don't remember something until someone brings it up. It's not a complete blackout, but partial, because you remember once someone refreshes you.
I didn't even remember making out with Bryanne until J-Lo told me (it must not have been that good)! I definitely had a brown out last night.
- Saint Brice's Day Massacre: King Ethelred of England ordered the murder of all Danes in his country (1002)
- death & taxes: Benjamin Franklin listed life's two certainties in a letter (1789)
- Holland Tunnel: the world's first long, mechanically-ventilated, underwater tunnel opened between New York and New Jersey (1927)
- Fantasia: animated musical Disney film premiered (1940)
- Bhola cyclone: the 20th century's greatest natural disaster killed hundreds of thousands in Bangladesh (1970 )
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial: "the Wall," designed by Maya Lin, was dedicated in Washington, DC (1982)
- Edwin Booth 1833
- Robert Louis Stevenson 1850
- Louis Brandeis 1856
- Alexander Scourby 1913
- Nathaniel Benchley 1915
- Jack Elam 1916
- Oskar Werner 1922
- Clyde McPhatter (Drifters) 1933
- Joonas Kokkonen 1921
- Madeleine Sherwood 1922
- Linda Christian 1924
- Richard Mulligan 1932
- Garry Marshall 1934
- Jean Seberg 1938
- Dack (Norman) Rambo 1941
- Ray Wylie Hubbard 1946
- Joe Mantegna 1947
- Whoopi Goldberg 1949
- Chris Noth 1957
- Tracy Scoggins 1959
- Caroline Goodall 1959
- Vinny Testaverde 1963
- Walter Kibby (Fishbone) 1964
- Jimmy Kimmel 1967
- Steve Zahn 1968