myrmidon \MUR-muh-don; -duhn\, noun:
- (Capitalized) A member of a warlike Thessalian people who followed Achilles on the expedition against Troy.
- A loyal follower, especially one who executes orders without question.
- A large gift a man gives to his wife to appease her after he's had an affair. After sleeping with another women, Kobe Bryant bought his wife a ring that cost as much as a large house.
Friend: "What's that?"
Tiger: "A house on a finger."
- Napoleon Bonaparte: was crowned emperor of France at Notre Dame (1804)
- Monroe Doctrine: was articulated by President James Monroe; it told Europe to stay out of the Americas (1823)
- EPA: Richard Nixon established a federal agency to set and enforce national pollution-control standards (1970)
- scientific experimentation: Enrico Fermi produced the first nuclear chain reaction at the University of Chicago (1942); Louis Paul Cailletet liquified oxygen (1877)
- artificial heart: Barney Clark was the recipient of the first such transplant, a Jarvik-7; he lived for 112 days (1982)
- Benazir Bhutto: was sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head a modern Muslim nation (1988)
- Edwin Meese III 1931
- Cathy Lee Crosby 1948
- John Wesley Ryles 1950
- Keith Szarabajka 1952
- Dan Butler 1954
- Nate Mendel (Foo Fighters) 1968
- Jimi Haha (Jimmie's Chicken Shack) 1968
- Anthony "Treach" Criss (Naughty By Nature) 1970
- Monica Seles 1973
- Nelly Furtado 1978
- Britney Spears 1981